Porch Pickup and Browse by Appointment Services
Updated January 6, 2020 – We have missed you! In order to increase flexibility for our patrons while adhering to state and federal guidelines, we are excited to announce that we are increasing our browsing by appointment availability for both the Adult Room and Children’s Room!
Please note that the library will offer these services for Griffin Free Public Library cardholders only; the library building will remain closed to the public except by appointment. Availability of this service is dependent on many factors including availability of staffing, availability of PPE and levels of community virus spread. If at any point these conditions change, the library is prepared to rollback services on short notice.
Browse By Appointment Hours
Appointments are for 20 minutes to allow you to self browse and checkout your own material. Appointments may be made for either the Adult Room or the Children’s Room. Call us at 603.483.5374 to make an appointment.
- Tuesday, Thursday: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 1:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Porch Pickup Hours
Our Porch Pickup service continues to be very popular! Place a hold on your material at https://catalog.griffin.bywatersolutions.com/ and we will call you to schedule a pick-up time when it is ready for pick-up.
- Tuesday, Thursday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 1:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Porch Pickup How To
STEP 1: Request your items.
- Place requests online by logging in to your account, searching/browsing the catalog, and placing your hold request(s), or by phone at 483-5374, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 2: We’ll call you to select a day and time for you to pick up your material.
- When your items are ready, you will receive an email notice with a link to an online calendar where you can select an hour for your pickup. You will then receive an automatic email confirmation (*for cardholders without email, we’ll continue to contact you by phone).
STEP 3: Let us know when you’ve arrived, then pick up!
- When you get to the library, call 483-5374 to let us know you’re here, and we will place your items on the table on the porch for you.
- Please maintain social distancing. If the porch is busy, please wait in your vehicle or at a distance. Our goal is to serve everyone as promptly, efficiently, and safely as possible!
Browse By Appointment How To
STEP 1: Contact the Library to schedule a browsing appointment.
- Appointments are 20 minutes for one family unit (which may include multiple members of a household) to browse the adult fiction room of the library or the Children’s Room. We are currently unable to provide browsing in Adult Non-Fiction Room or around the Staff Desk due to safety guidelines. However, if you know that you want to browse a specific topic (for example cookbooks or biographies), let us know when you book your appointment and we can set up a cart for you to browse during your appointment.
- Adult fiction room appointments will enter using the normal front door on the porch.
- Regarding Children’s Room Appointments –
- The entrance has moved. You will enter on the south side of the building, through the patio directly into the Children’s Room.
- If you need handicap access, please discuss options with us when you make your appointment.
- Children’s Room appointments are self browsing. If there is a certain subject area that you are interested in, please let us know when you make your appointment so we can help you make the most of your appointment.
- All toys and cushions have been removed from the room.
- Appointments are 20 minutes.
STEP 2: Let us know you’re here (via phone @ 483-5374).
- Mask up and we will greet you with smiling eyes!
STEP 3: Browse & self-check out! Staff will provide assistance.
- Browsing by appointment is designed to be self-service. If you cannot locate an item, please inquire and a library staff member will help direct you.
Services available remotely:
- Reference Requests
- Personalized Reader’s Advisory Services
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I make an appointment to use the computer?
- Not yet; soon we will have a limited number of Chromebooks and iPads available for short term borrowing for Griffin Free Public Library cardholders.
Are masks required?
- Yes, masks are required for library staff & patrons who wish to enter the building, and we have masks available as needed. Griffin Free cardholders who are unable to wear face coverings can use our Porch Pickup service.
Do you have special appointments for elderly or immunocompromised patrons?
- No, but at this time, only one party will be browsing in the library, thereby limiting exposure for all.
Can I bring my kids, or other people in my ‘bubble’, to browse with me?
- Yes; appointments are for one family or household unit. You will be asked to specify the number of people.
Is the Children’s Room open for browsing?
- Yes. See above for details.
How can I return items?
- The book drop is always open. All returned library materials are quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours then checked in; don’t worry if they appear in your online account for several days – no fines will be charged.
How can I find out if my holds are ready?
- A library staff member will call you. In addition, if we have an email on file for you, the system may send you an email when we have pulled the item. However, this does not mean the item is ready for pick-up. Please do not come to the library until a staff member has called and scheduled a pick-up time.
How do I place holds on items?
- Login to your library account here. If you have difficulty logging in, please call or email us at 483.5374 or email@example.com.
I don’t have a library card. How can I get one?
- Please see here for instructions on signing up for a library card remotely.
Can I request items from other libraries?
- Yes! The State Library which runs our interlibrary loan service is currently working on getting this service back up and running while maintaining safety protocols. Due to the need for quarantining material, we expect longer wait times for material and your patience is apprectiate! You may request material from other libraries here: https://nhais.agshareit.com/home?cid=nhais&lid=NHHSHM.