Patron Code of Conduct
In order to ensure the enjoyment of the library as a place of study, work, and community, the following guidelines must be observed by all patrons.
1. Materials will be handled and used carefully, so that they may be reused by other patrons. Patrons will be responsible for damage to materials in their care, even during in-library use.
2. Conversations will be held no louder than regular speaking volume.
3. Due to the importance of personal electronic devices in everyday life, cell phones and other devices may be used in the library. However, phone should be set to the lowest volume setting, or to vibrate, and other electronic devices that create sound should be used with headphones, or on mute.
4. Walkways and aisles in the library will be kept clear whenever possible.
5. Food and drink brought into the library will be properly contained (including lids on drinks) and used without causing excess debris, mess, or odors.
6. Personal possessions will remain in control of the owner at all times.
7. Patrons will not enter staff only areas (the work area of the circulation desk or the director’s office) without permission.
8. Solicitation of any type is prohibited.
9. All weapons, except when explicitly permitted by law, are prohibited.
10. Any behavior not covered in this code that disrupts the regular work of staff, or the regular use of the library by other patrons, is prohibited.
Approved by GFPL Board of Trustees: Sept. 14, 2012