We have a special Young Adult section in the library just for you! In addition to print books, audiobooks, graphic novels and table games, we also have lots of digital content too!
Need some books? We have you covered with several different options.
- Porch Pick-Up: Use your Griffin Free Public Library card to reserve books online. When your books are ready for pick-up, we’ll call you to schedule a contactless Porch Pick-Up. Place holds by logging into your account here: https://catalog.griffin.bywatersolutions.com/
- Make an appointment! Call the library to schedule a 20 minute appointment in the Children’s Room to pull your own books. For more information, call us at 603.483.5374.
- Request material from another NH Library at https://nhais.agshareit.com/home?cid=nhais&lid=NHHSHM. You just need your Griffin Free Public Library Card and pin.
- Download ebooks and audiobooks at nh.overdrive.com.
- Find even more ebooks and audiobooks, as well as music and TV shows at https://www.hoopladigital.com/.
- Find educational movies at kanopy.
Web Links for Teens
Looking for your next good read? Check out these review sites:
Designed specifically for teens
- Reading Teen – Lots of reviews and articles discussing topics in YA books.
- Teenreads – Lots more reviews and articles, but also great interviews with YA authors and the Ultimate Reading List, for those of you with a lot of time.
- Reading Rants – Even more reviews and author information. Another great place to find a new book to read, or discover an author you might be interested in.
Review sites that include YA/Teen Material
- YALSA’s Teen Book Finder from the American Library Association is a free online database and app to help teens, parents, librarians and library staff, educators, and anyone who loves YA literature access nearly 4,000 titles recognized YALSA’s awards and lists on their smartphone.
- NoveList Plus – Provides information and resources on over 100,000 fiction titles, including 75,000 reviews and 36,000 subject headings to help you find your next read. Ages: middle school and up. Contact Griffin Free for login and password.
- NoveList Plus (K-8) – A version of NoveList Plus specifically targeted to children and young adults. It contains materials in the K-8 reading range, including picture books, “chapter” books, and YA titles. Ages: children and up. Contact Griffin Free for login and password.
Review sites with YA/Teen books and include content reviews (such as language, violence, etc.)
- Common Sense Media – Provides book reviews by parents and kids that include educational value, positive messages, positive role models, violence and scariness, and language.
- Rated Reads – Has a limited number of reviews, but has a clear rating system for violence, language and sexual content.
- The Literate Mother – Provides clear ratings for language, violence, sexual content and adult themes for youth and young adult literature.
- Library of Clean Reads – Reviews children, middle-grade, YA, and adult fiction and non-fiction books.
- Homespun Light – Posts reviews of books from pre-tween to adult that the reviewer considers “clean”.
- Pluggedin – A part of Focus on the Family – reviews books (and other media). They provide a plot synopsis and the detail any material that might be considered questionable.
- The Fussy Librarian – Will send you reading recommendations based on your preferences (subject and content) once you sign-up.
Purdue OWL – If you are looking for information on how to write a better paper, including everything you need to know to use MLA format, this is the place.
CNN – All the latest news and current events, from a trusted source.
Wikipedia – Need to know the basics? On pretty much anything? Start here. (But be sure to check out the links provided in each article for even better information.)
How Stuff Works – Learn how stuff works. The title pretty much sums that up.
Khan Academy – Video tutorials on almost every school topic, including basic to advanced math, science, history, and computers. Incredible free homework help!
Geocaching – Auburn has a lot of geocaches around the lake. Happy hunting!
Snopes – Learn about all the urban legends you’ve ever seen, and many you haven’t. Some of them are even true
IMDB – The Internet Movie Database. Gives you everything you need to know about movies, TV shows, actors and actresses, and movie screw-ups.